Today we continue with our series of episodes on partner programs and how marketing automation is handling the scale of channel programs for thousands of software companies globally.
Forrester predicts the through-channel software market to grow to $1.18 billion by 2023. This market includes 10s of thousands of digital agencies realizing $2B in service revenue by that year.
So I invited Mr. Jay McBain from Forrester.com to join me in unpacking the topic of “Through-Channel Marketing Automation.”
If you haven’t run across Jay, I’d wonder how – he is one of the most visible thought leaders in the global technology channel.
Named to the Top 40 Under Forty by the Business Review, he is often sought out for industry guidance and future trends.
He has spent his 24-year career in various executive channel sales, marketing, and strategy roles within IBM, Lenovo, Autotask, and ChannelEyes. Jay is the principal analyst for global channels at Forrester – one of the most influential global research and advisory firms in the world.
In this discussion, Jay and I review:
- The third stage of growth for software companies.
- One vs two-tier channel partner programs.
- The partner relations and marketing automation management software stack.
- How to determine your IPP (ideal partner persona).
- The 6 phases to partner program development,
- Then we wrap up by giving some actionable advice to those about to launch or scale their partnership programs.